Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still nothing!

I admit it - I am panicking now. Still nothing!

It's not that one week of no work is an issue, it's the fear that it will turn into lots of weeks of no work. Which I can't afford. Added to which a client is going bankrupt on me. Which means i will lose out to the tune of about £5k. I realise that hearing I've got a financial issue is a lot like hearing that Kate Moss has put on 3lbs, but I don't have £5k to spare in the first year of trading on my own account. And yes I do have some savings but £5k will be missed. Hey ho.

And an admission - it's Tuesday afternoon and I haven't been to the gym yet! - I have been to the stables, for the whole of yesterday morning and this morning and mucking out and riding is good exercise. And the dog has been walked for an hour each day ..and I've done yoga for an hour each day and yes.................I'm making excuses!!!

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

You could get out and about chasing ambulances.

Andrea said...

But I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one - seeing as I don't do personal injury cases!

Mr Gaskins Curiosity Emporium said...

5k... 5k? I'm lucky if I've got £5 quid lurking somewhere in change... since food / petrol / gas / breathing / looking etc. went up, I've resorted to growing my own food and selling my various collection of eccentricities (only to buy a landrover that runs on something ecologically sound).

Have you seen the price of eggs? Good job I've got my own chickens...

I'd stand on street corners, but I'd only get money out of sympathy.

Tickersoid said...

Any luck yet, or is father time still applying more nails to your business coffin.
I only ask as an excuse to mix metaphors.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013